Job provided by Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
RadioComs Field Engineer (252jc) London and South East circa £35-40k + Benefits
This Client is a fast-growing SME in the radio communications sector. With offices across the UK, its principal areas of business are systems design and installation, sales of equipment, equipment hire, repairs and maintenance and aerial and airtime rental.
They are now seeking an additional Field Engineer for their operations at covering the South of England, you will be reporting to the Head of Engineering and your role will be to install, maintain and service PMR/DMR Radio communications equipment for their clients.
Therefore, your main responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a team, providing Installation and Maintenance service to their Customer base.
- Re-active response to failures of RF systems, infrastructure and products in support of Contracts
- Provide Technical assurance to clients in the field both on radio and associated infrastructure.
- Cover Standby duties in support of customer maintenance contracts.
- Maintain Airside eligibility if applicable.
- Assist with the preparation of tender documents when needed.
- Carry out radio surveys
- Preparation of engineering reports as required.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
- Good standard of education. e
- Good literacy and numeric skills. e
- Good Computer Skills e
- CRB/Disclosure Scotland. e
- RF Product Manufacturer d
- HNC Training/Certification d
- CCNA d
- RF propagation experience. e
- PMR/DMR products e
- Experience in fault finding across a multitude of telecommunication platforms. e
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. e
- MPT 1327 Trunk radio e
- RF fault diagnostics e
- IBDAS experience d
- Cellular Experience d
- IP Networking Experience d
- Knowledge of Motorola/Hytera products d
- Process and procedure driven. e
- Excellent written and telephone communication skills. e
- Keen eye for attention to detail. e
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a successful team. e
- Good planning and organisational skills e
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines. e
- Ability to cope under pressure. e
- Ability to manage change. e
- Commitment to own personal development. d
- Creative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion. d
- Willingness to work unsociable hours at short notice if needed. d
- ‘’can do attitude’’ d
In this role you will be covering Northern England and you will likely be to be based in London or South East Region.
Your package will depend on your qualifications and experience, as well as company vehicle, phone and laptop. Other benefits include 21 days paid holiday rising to 25 accruing from length of service plus bank and public holidays, life assurance of 4 times basic salary, compulsory pension provision etc.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on ##### ######ext 1, or #####@######.### or via the website ######.###
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Requirements for application
- Driving License