Job provided by Luton Bennett
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
DAYS 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday (some flexibility required) £34,000 to £38,000 Circa DOE + 20 Days Holiday (increasing with service) + Bank Holidays + Contributory Pension Up to 6% + Life Assurance 3x Salary + Sick Pay Scheme + Progression Opportunities + Development Opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading and expanding business going through a period of long term growth and investment. Offering a days based role, a generous earnings package and ongoing opportunities for succession and development.
Reporting to the engineering manager you will lead all mechanical engineering aspects including maintenance, failure analysis and plant improvement and selected cap ex. This role will require the successful candidate to oversee and manage the mechanical maintenance team which will include; Performance management; Competence development; Communications; Engagement.
The principal objective of the role will be to transform the mechanical maintenance arrangements to a systematic preventative approach required to optimise the reliability of the production facility and ancillary equipment.
The successful candidate will;
- Ideally be from a heavy manufacturing background conversant with the processes and best practices in maintenance within manufacturing.
- Have an enthusiastic attitude to improvement work and to motivate others have significant engineering leadership experience.
- Qualification minimum HNC/HND or Equivalent.
- You will have the knowledge of different equipment and systems such as hydraulics, pneumatics, gearboxes, overhead travelling cranes etc with the capability to support diagnostics, and condition monitoring and importantly set and lead the implementation of appropriate proactive maintenance regimes.
- You should have the knowledge of the various types of utilities including hydraulics, lubrication, water, gas etc. and be aware of the best practices in maintaining these to a high standard.