£25,000 - £35,000 + Bonus, Parking, Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
NPI PROJECT ENGINEER
The company has always had the vision that society and global communities should be able to develop for themselves, and future generations. By providing the tools, they are ensuring that anything is possible. They are seeking strong Project Engineers to continue to develop the business and get involved with the projects at hand to reach departmental KPI targets. There is the opportunity for two candidates to join this well-known organisation. One will need to have extremely strong plastics experience.
Are you an experienced Project Engineer wanting to work in a developing and evolving global organisation??
Are you looking for that next challenge??
Then this is the position for you!!!!
The Project Engineer's Responsibilities are to:
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and report introduction of new products, projects and components meeting quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Ensure external manufacturing processes are in place and consistent in providing the correct component specification and quality.
- Maintain, replace and repair supplier loaned production tooling.
- Develop and implement plans to meet company objectives.
- Compile new product and promotion manufacturing quotations, ensuring supplier selection, processes, material and cost are within budget and quality expectations.
- Provide accurate Technical information for introduction of Engineering Changes, Bill of Material, Product Promotions and any other relevant procedures.
- Make engineering decisions and recommendations.
- Develop, maintain and deliver agreed cost savings, ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Work closely with buyers to input the technical support for cost savings.
- Always check product quality.
- Actively source and look for leads to improve product, reduce cost and deliver projects on time.
- Be flexible to travel as per the business needs in order to fulfil the project requirements.
- Work with the team to drive the profitability of the business.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the company and products in order to be proactive in sourcing new suppliers and improving cost and quality of components.
The Project Engineer will have:
- A HND or HNC in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Formal qualifications for Pro-Engineer / AutoCAD Computer Aided Design
- Proven applied understanding of production commodity groups:
- Plastic Injection Moulding
- Aluminium / Die casting
- Metal Pressings / Injection Moulding / Metal Turning
- Heat treatments and Hardening processes
- NPI Management or Supervision experience
- MRP / MAP computer systems experience
- 2 years' in a similar Product analysis environment/role.
- Applied 5s / 6 sigma within a production environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO9001 and ISO 14001.
Salary : £25,000-£35,000
Location : Telford
I would be keen to speak with experienced Product Engineers, Project Engineers, New Product Introduction Engineers, New Product Launch Engineers.
This is an exciting position for the ideal candidate to thrive and be a part of the continued develop the growth of the business as well their career. The Project Engineer will hit the ground running and be a part of the innovative organisation, growing year on year within this industry.
To apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter ASAP.
Posted 6 days ago