Electrical Design Engineer
£32 - £35 per hour
We have an immediate requirement for an experienced electrical design engineer. Working as part of a team you is responsible for the production of product design documentation using intelligent software packages. The role includes the production of drawings and creation of partlists on legacy and new products development of specialised electromechanical apparatus
Duties and responsibilities
- Producing compliant designs that are economical and safe to manufacture, inspect/test and maintain whilst meeting the minimum standard of fit for purpose.
- Electrical design and production of electrical drawings
- Creation of parts lists and data entry into a database.
- Electrical component selection.
- Maintenance of effective records of design compliancy, technical calculations and source data.
- Liaison with inhouse production team, subcontractors and suppliers as appropriate to develop design solutions.
- Creation of Technical Specifications Skills and experience
- Proven knowledge and experience of Electrical Systems Design
- Experience of distributed digital and analogue I/O systems.
- Preparation of various specifications, test instructions, reports and plans
- EMC design experience.
- Producing detailed design drawings using intelligent software packages.
- Conduct / organise detailed design and development technical trials and testing where required.
Person Specification Essential
- Accomplished design engineer with preferred minimum of HNC qualification.
- Experience of using intelligent electrical design software
- Experience of Machinery, Low voltage and EMC directives.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain effective plans.
- Good IT skills and experienced with Microsoft Office applications.
- Commitment to quality with a good attention to detail.
- Maintenance of a valid current UK driving licence.
- Maintenance of a valid current passport.
- Experience of Automation and control Technologies (Linear / Rotary Actuators, inverters)
- Solidworks Electrical
- Communications Technologies including RS232/422, Ethernet,
- Printed Circuit Board design using Eagle software or similar
- Embedded firmware development
- Experience of Automation and control Technologies (Linear / Rotary Actuators, inverters, Beckhoff)
This is a 12 month initial contract with an immediate start for the right candidate. If interested, contact Paul Smith on 020 7940 4590 or email Learning@nonstoptechnical.com
Posted 113 days ago