Job provided by Tesco
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Providing an excellent home shopping experience by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do is our main responsibility.
Before you leave the store or centre you’ll:
- Load the van where required, and check your van for roadworthiness
- Understand the schedule and route that has been calculated for you
- Look the part in your uniform, ready to help our customers
On the road you’ll represent Tesco so:
- Drive safely, responsibly and within the law
- Be courteous to all road users
On the customer’s doorstep you’ll:
- Serve your customer with a smile and greet them by name
- Take care of your customer’s deliveries as if they were your own
The role is hands on, physical and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same – customers look for help in all kinds of different ways.
For most of the day you’ll feel like your own boss, delivering to your customers on your own, but with a team of managers and colleagues back at base ready to support you when you need them.
We are looking for people who:
- Have had a full UK / EU / EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 3 penalty points
- Are safe and courteous drivers
- Enjoy helping others
- Are personable with a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills
- Are able to take the initiative and use common sense
- Care about making a difference for customers and colleagues
- Can stay calm under pressure
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, job offers are subject to a Criminal Record Check, which will be carried out by an external third party.
We are sorry but if you have been disqualified from driving within the last 5 years, we will not be able to accept your application.
You will need to be able to adhere to the driving regulations outlined in the following site - ###.######.###
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible 2017/18 earnings.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & - Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available