Job provided by Foresight Recruitment Solutions
Share this job on social:
About the job
IT Support Technician, Warrington, 18-20k
We are currently supporting a well established business to find a first line support technicial to join their IT department. There maybe some second line support that is required but day to day the role will be the support for all hardware and software used by the company.
You will report directly to the IT Service Manager and located centrally in Warrington however you may be expected to assist at any of the other branch offices in Warrington ares.
Duties will include:
- To provide prompt response to all queries in the ITS department, to gather a detailed description of the problem and to provide advice wehre you are able.
- Log all queries and details onto the ITS call logging system, maintain the system so that all information is up to date, and all queries are attended to within the agreed SLA's.
- Repair faulty hardware, report to the Service Manager for replacement components etc
- Prepare machines for distribution within the company
- Be competent in software used by the business and continually develop these skills as software is upgraded.
- Assist the IT Service Manager and 3rd parties in the deployment of future IT projects
- Assist in the development of the ITS systems, including intranet, databases and case management systems (once you have attained the appropriate skills)
- Perform any technical tasks assigned by the IT Service Manager
- Polite, professional and understanding demeanour is required. As is the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a busy enviroment.
- Logical and methodical approach with the ability to diagnose problems.
Understanding of both software and hardware including:
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2
- Security, Software, Firewalls.
- Patch management, deployment software.
- System Imaging
- IE10 and Edge
- Oyez Forms
- ESET Anti-Virus
- Networking Hardware (routers, stacked switches, NIC, modems)
- Networking Cabling
- Networking essentials ( TCP/IP )
- Server Hardware (fault diagnostics)
- PC Hardware (fault diagnostics)
- Managed Printing
- Phone systems
If you are interested please submit your CV or give me a call for more information. Claire Williams ##### #####@######.###