Share this job on social:
About the job
Are you compassionate, truthful and resilient? Do you have a Full UK Driving Licence and access to your own car? If so, read on…
Available pay rate of £9.00! / Competitive hourly rate.
Mears Care have current opportunities available for Female* community Care workers to work with a partner as part of our double up teams within the West Lothian area.
Whether you’re an experienced Care worker or have no experience at all, we’d love to hear from you!
Areas you will cover: Bathgate , Blackburn , Whitburn , Seafield , Armadale , Blackridge
Applicants must be able to commit to the following shift pattern:
Week 1 : Working days - Monday , Tuesday , Saturday , Sunday - All day.
Week 2 : Working days - Wednesday , Thursday , Friday - All day
Next Training dates 05th November - 09th November based in our Bathgate Branch.
There are many benefits of working for one of the largest care providers in the UK with local offices all over the country – including:
- Up to 28 paid holidays per annum
- Mears company pension
- Free uniform
- Access to Mears Advantage money saving scheme
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000!
- Annual company fun days
- Early morning, evening and weekend shifts required
- An employee assist hotline
- Free PVG Scheme Record (Disclosure Check)
- Extensive training (funded by Mears), including the transition to complete SVQ in Health and Social Care and the Care Certificate to support your career growth
- Extensive induction programme, for which you will be paid, including opportunities to transition automatically to complete SVQ
- Career progression can include to become a Senior Care worker, Visiting Officer, Coordinator or Branch Manager
- Care workers with 12 months experience will receive a £300 ‘golden handshake’
By joining our team you are committed to providing the best standards of care and support to older and disabled who would like to continue living in their own homes.
The role of a Care Worker includes:
- Providing all elements of personal care, support & assistance to clients, from supporting with personal hygiene to companionship.
- Prompting and administering medication
- Getting to know your clients and forming great relationships with them
- Meal preparation
- General household tasks including shopping **
- A passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives
- Sharing in the Mears Five Behaviours – being motivational, empowering, customer-focused, being a role-model and setting high standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service PVG check (paid for by Mears)
- A driving licence and access to your own vehicle is ESSENTIAL for this position.
If you share Mears’ passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives, please click apply to start your application.
- under an exemption from the Equality Act 2010; Section 9, Part 1 (a) as a Genuine Occupational Requirement"