Job provided by Priory Education and Children's Services
Share this job on social:
About the job
Priory Education and Children's Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
This is a six bed home for young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
As a Residential Support Worker you will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our young people. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting them in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible. Being a positive influence and a role model in our young people's lives and active participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative are vital.
What we'd like from you:
- Previous experience of working with young people in a residential setting is ideal but not essential.
- The ability to work a shift rota system that includes working some weekends and bank holidays
- Held a full driving licence for three years
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organisational capability
- Full driving licence
- Great team player
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support
- Strong "can do" attitude
What we'd like to give you:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Priory Group Pension
- Travel Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Reduced price Gym membership
- Gourmet Society Card
- Healthcare cash plan
- Online benefits portal and high street store cashback rewards
- Priory Group Career Pathways - build your skills and plan for your future career with on-going training supported
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, or you are applying to work within our Children's Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Let us know how we are doing, review us on Indeed or Glassdoor by following these links