Job provided by Zoek
Share this job on social:
About the job
As the Wholesale General Manager you will be heading up the stores management and team. The role of the Wholesale General Manager is to maximise branch profit and customer satisfaction whilst ensuring systems and procedures are operating effectively.
Typical work activities
The work in a wholesale store for you as the Wholesale General Manager is very much hands-on. As well as management duties, you will be involved in all form of duties including filling shelves, moving heavy boxes and filling in for staff on the checkout or in other areas of the business.
Typical work activities include:
- developing a branch plan to build the business by identifying and understanding local markets;
- developing strong business relationships with customers;
- analysing sales and stock figures and taking action to expand areas of growth;
- there may be some writing of financial reports and statements;
- attending meetings with staff and managers in the store and liaising with groups representing customers in the local -community;
- recruiting, training and motivating staff and dealing with disciplinary matters;
- coordinating the work of shop floor staff;
- carrying out floor inspections and prioritising and delegating tasks;
- ensuring customers receive a high level of service;
- opening and closing the store and ensuring the security of the building;
- buying stock and ensuring adequate stocks of merchandise are held;
- overseeing the receipt of deliveries and dispatch of stock to be returned;
- moving goods within the store and ensuring that shelves are regularly restocked;
- accounting for stock levels, waste stock and returns;
- taking responsibility for the quality of stock, service, sales and losses;
- meeting performance targets relevant to sales, wastage and returned stock;
- dealing with enquiries and related problems;
- devising and running sales promotions;
- monitoring health and safety procedures within the store.
Outside the store, area and regional managers are responsible for a number of stores within their geographical area. Their role involves:
- visiting stores;
- monitoring performance;
- acting as the bridge between the store and head office.
- Range of typical salaries: ?45,000 - ?60,000
- Typical hours are 9am - 7pm, 6 days a week (Sundays closed)
Opportunity to gain a performance related bonus if you are able to take the business to the next level.
Minimum experience in working in Cash and Carries (5 years minimum)
- Understanding of growing business and managing staff;
- Strong understanding of supply chain management;
- basic accounting/finance.
- Need strong background in the Wholesale industry.
- Need strong background working with drinks
The candidate for this role need to show evidence of the following:
- good planning and organisational skills;
- the ability to think on your feet, make good decisions and stand by them;
- common sense and the ability to think logically;
- commercial skills and analysis;
- ability to build professional relationships with the client base;
- good leadership skills;
- motivation and being self-driven;
- communication and negotiation skills;
- adaptability and a willingness to help out in order to get the job done - the nature of the business means that managers at all levels within the store must be prepared to 'roll-up their sleeve's' and help out with manual tasks;
- some business awareness and the ability to interpret data presented numerically, for example, stock and sales figures.