Job provided by Fawkes & Reece
Share this job on social:
About the job
Opportunity for a Buyer to work for a respected Contractor in Hertfordshire Up to £50,000 + Package
Fawkes and Reece have been approached by a reputable Contractor that build and refurbish residential schemes across London and the South East. Being a privatelyowned business with a life span dating back to the 60s, our client is financially sound and has built up a great reputation working with mainly repeat client. As a business, they focus on residential schemes for both client as well as developing their own land with their projects ranging from £1 Million £80 Million in value.
Currently, they require an additional Buyer to join their team to be based from their office in Hertfordshire.
You will be working within the team reporting into the Chief Buyer.
Your main Buying responsibilities will be:
- Provide Preconstruction buying advice and support on the availability, options and financial implications of specified and alternative materials, components, plant and equipment,
- In conjunction with the site team, ensure the timely procurement of materials and goods in accordance with the component specifications, budget, the programme requirements.
- To assist the team[s] in assessing and advising of options and alternatives
- To monitor the financial performance of the projects, inputting into to the Cost reporting process.
- Be an active and integral member of the Commercial function both PreConstruction, Construction, Post Contract and administrative.
- Workings in conjunction with the plant yard team assess appropriate options of internal purchase or external hire on relevant plant and equipment, administering accordingly.
Our client is looking for someone from a Contractor or a Developer with ideally 4+ years as a Buyer.
For this role, please contact Charlotte Mead at Fawkes and Reece on ##### ######and click Apply with your latest CV