Job provided by Zoho Recruit
Share this job on social:
About the job
Role: Lecturer – Film and Television Production
Employer: Higher Education College based in North
Hours: 36 hours per week – Full Time
Salary: £27,743 to £38,691
Our client is a highly regarded Higher Education
college with 2 campuses in the North West London Area. They have a strong
policy of supporting their staff to assist in the development of their careers.
They are seeking to appoint a full time Media Lecturer
to deliver lectures across a range of Level 2 and Level 3 programmes and
contribute to the development of courses within their successful Creative Media
Section, specialising in film and television production. You would also be
involved in teaching Journalism.
· Teaching on a range of Media Production and
Journalism courses including UAL L2 and L3 programmes.
· Flexibility in working ‘on and off site’ with
students during practical exercises
· Forging links with industry for visiting
speakers and work experience
· Contributing to production of promotional
· Participate in open evenings and recruitment
activities to ensure that potential applicants and students receive accurate
information and guidance.
· Complete and contribute to the production of
accurate information and fact sheets.
· Interview potential applicants and contribute to
the College’s interviewing schedules.
· Contribute to the development, promotion and
delivery of the team’s marketing and recruitment strategies.
· Prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and
resource materials for teaching programmes.
· Carry out student inductions and contribute to
the design of induction programmes.
· Produce course handbooks.
· Contribute to course reviews including reviews
of your subject area and the setting, implementation and monitoring of action
plans.Keep knowledge and skills up-to-date through
self-study and undertake staff development and secondments relevant to
· Hold a degree in a related subject
· Hold an advanced level teaching qualification
suitable for Further Education (PGCE, DET etc)
· Experience delivering Creative Media programmes
· Good knowledge of editing systems
· You should have good communication
and interpersonal skills and be able to engage young learners aged 16-19.
· Experience working in the media industry as well
as visual effects or animation would be highly desirable Benefits
· Continuous personal develop provided and
assisted by the college
· Excellent opportunities for internal promotion
· Local government pension scheme
· Free parking
· Subsidised gym membership
· Public transport season ticket loan