Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Our client are looking for a new Systems Administrator to join a highly technical and motivated operations team in a fast-paced international company. You'll have an in depth knowledge of the Windows stack, VMWare ESXi, NetApp and networking.
Our clients tech team is very much involved with all aspects of the business and sits in the middle of their large open plan London HQ - nobody leaves IT in the basement.
Responsibilities of the Systems Administrator:
You'll be involved in new tech projects and upgrades, as well as working on day-to-day issues. You'll be working closely with the IT development and Business Intelligence teams to ensure objectives are met. This role will require you to:
- Proactively understand and manage both the hardware and software we use
- Manage the release of internal and external software
- Manage the infrastructure in the UK and remotely for our satellite offices around the world
- Build tools/scripts and support previously developed tools and improve automation
- Provide support dealing with incidents, daily checks, upgrades, changes, backups & monitoring
- Understand and improve monitoring infrastructure
- Be available for on-call support
Requirements of the Systems Administrator:
- Passion for IT and technology
- Substantial experience in a similar role
- Windows Server 2003-2016 (Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, GPO, MDT/WDS, SCC)
- Windows Desktop 7-10
- MS SQL Server 2008-2016
- Cisco Networking and WiFi
- Fortinet UTM Firewalls
- NetApp FAS
- VMWare ESXi
- MS Exchange 2##### ######* Vertias BackUp Exec
- Sophos Enterprise
- Dell Technologies (Hardware and OpenManage)
- Some Linux Skills (Ubuntu)
Specific experience of all these technologies whilst welcomed is not a requirement; we are looking for a proficient generalist with the right mindset and work ethic to fit in with the team.
Benefits of becoming the Systems Administrator:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years' service followed by 30 days after five years' service) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme,
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme,
- Subsidised gym options.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Tech scheme: Techscheme lets you get the latest tech through your employer. You then spread the cost with payments from your salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make National Insurance saving too.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this...! They have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
If you feel you meet the above criteria of this Systems Administrator role then please apply now!
Our client are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.