Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Human Resources Manager
Location: Ridham, Sittingbourne
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 per annum (depending on experience), car allowance of £400 per month (before deductions), phone and laptop plus discretionary 10% bonus.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 8.30am until 5.30pm with 1 hour unpaid for lunch.
Main Purpose of the Human Resources Manager:
Develop and maintain a highly effective HR function supporting the business in fulfilling its people management and employment legislation obligations.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager:
- Work with the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team to fulfil the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Implement and review HR policies and processes in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Advise senior and line managers on all HR matters proving advice, support and direction on the full range of HR activities (employee relations, performance management, policies and procedures) as required.
- Implement and issue Staff Handbook.
- Oversee the organisation's recruitment lifecycle for all positions, ensuring we are attracting the most suitable and diverse candidates.
- Ensure employee checks are documented and recorded as required (eg DBS, Right to Work) ensuring the organisation's legal and contractual obligations are met.
- Manage employee relations cases in liaison with the Director of Legal & Admin.
- Support change management processes and lead on TUPE transfers both into and out of the Business.
- Audit the Monthly Payroll file before submission to Finance.
- Manage the Occupational Health contract with our external supplier and oversee the annual medical surveillance programme and one-off requirements for Occupational Health support.
- Advise the business on complex employment relations cases.
- Liaise with external stakeholders including suppliers and Union representatives as required.
- Be responsible for employee engagement and wellbeing initiatives.
- Oversee the Training Programme in liaison with the Head of Health & Safety ensuring staff are trained to the relevant standards for their roles.
- Champion the organisation's Equal Opportunities policy.
- Manage the HR team to implement the above strategy. This includes having responsibility for ensuring all team members achieve their own objectives and job description duties and assisting them to achieve their own personal development plans.
- Assist the wider Compliance Team with Corporate Insurance Premium Renewals.
- Assist the Bid Team with requests for technical HR Metric requests for Tender Bids and assist with mobilisation of contracts as required.
- Provide a confidential and professional service covering all aspects of HR and protect all documentation in line with the Data Protection Act;
- Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
- The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions are regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
Requirements of the Human Resources Manager:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional who is CIPD qualified (minimum Level 5) to join our team. This role will report directly to the Director of Legal & Admin working closely with the wider Compliance Team to embed key HR processes and people focussed policies within the business.
We are looking for someone with strong, varied and practical HR experience who pays real attention to detail and has a commercial focus. Whilst Waste Industry or logistic/haulage industry experience is desirable, this isn't essential but you will need gravitas and relevant HR knowledge to gain credibility with the wider management team. You will be resilient with an ability to have critical conversations when necessary, communicating at all levels up and down the line.
Feel you meet the above criteria of this Human Resources Manager role? Apply now!