Job provided by SVB Solutions
Share this job on social:
About the job
ACCOUNTANT - GENERAL LEDGER
If you are looking for a new challenging job as an Accountant in 2019 and want to work for a dynamic fast paced company, who have an enviable reputation in delivering great events for their clients - then this could be a good move. They use the latest technology to deliver extraordinary events, exhibitions, congresses, award ceremonies, trade shows and launches in venues across the UK, as well as abroad.
They require a General Ledger Accountant to report and communicate all financial information relative to the EMEA business unit and perform key general ledger activities to complete month end activities.
This will involve the General Ledger Accountant dealing with:
- Communicating with internal and external audit and tax departments
- Preparation of external statutory and taxation submissions
- Preparation and completion of month end accounts
- Regularly reviewing and resolution of queries on cost ledgers
- Monthly payroll submission and VAT returns
If you want to be the General Ledger Accountant in this stimulating, collaborative and successful event management company you will need:
- To be either studying for or completed of ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants ) , ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant)
- Tenacious, commercially minded with the ability to interpret financial data accurately
- Strong financial background in a similar role with evidence of adding value and continuously improving the organisation
- Advanced Excel e.g. pivot tables, V-lookups to manipulate large quantities for data
- Knowledge of Hyperion reporting and SOX Compliance would be useful
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
As this role is part of a large global organisation, the career prospects and opportunities for development, for the General Ledger Accountant, are excellent.
Please note that SVB Solutions are acting as a recruitment agency for the purposes of this vacancy.