SimpliVity Technical Support Engineer
Customer Solution Centers are made up of teams that provide remote (offsite) service; customer access, pre-sales, post-sales, and service delivery. Technical teams focus is to solve various business systems and applications problems for customers, onsite engineering personnel and Authorized Service Providers on standard, specialized or complex systems.
* Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
* Respond to service, product, technical, and customer- relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission- critical). .
* Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
* Ability to act as a mentor and guide other employees. Ability to provide direction and guidance to process improvements.
* Ability to articulate clearly, recommend and explain resolutions /clients.
* Understand and utilize ITIL.
* Represent the company in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
* First Level University degree: a) technical, b) non-technical (i.e., Bachelor of Arts/ Science). Typically 3-4 year completion beyond High School level, BA/BS or equivalent experience.
* 5-7 years experience in relevant technologies and customer environments.
* Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported.
* Advanced troubleshooting skills in a technical environment.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Advanced Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices.
* Specific knowledge and training with the company's products. Knowledge of multiple product lines (for example, proactive, reactive, storage, enterprise systems, tier 2 or 3 support, etc.).
* Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools.
* Superior customer service skills.
* Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience, knowledge and resolution ability.
* Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers.
* Ability to mentor new agents.
* Ability train peers on solutions.
* Ability to take full ownership for resolution with escalated customers.
* Ability to lead technical action plans.
* Lead or provide expertise to teams or projects.
* Highly Developed knowledge of more complex solutions.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Posted 9 days ago