IT Installation Engineer 2nd / 3rd Line
£26000 - £29000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen within this MSP for an advanced 2nd or 3rd line IT Installation Engineer to work inside of their busy Projects installation team.
The successful candidate will effectively monitor and manage all delivery aspects of IT Project Implementations to ensure that the projects are completed to the required standard of excellence and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
Senior Engineers are responsible for the planning and delivery of projects that fall into the more complex and timeconsuming higher tier categories, where they have been assigned as the Project Lead. The Senior Engineers drive the company vision of Growth Through Technology and demonstrate their core values in everything they do.
The business has an excellent record for personal development and firmly believes in investing in staff and training.
- Deliver higher tier IT Installation projects as one of their Senior Engineers
- Work towards individual and team billable time targets
- Communicate with colleagues and customers to design project plans based on agreed proposal
- Take the project lead for assigned projects and be accountable for delivery
- Responsible for the building of close working relationship with clients
- Manage deviations and eliminate project creep
- Report on project progress and status reporting in to senior stakeholders
- Responsible for the effective financial management of projects
Essential Experience & skills:
- Great communication and Implementation skills
- 5 years+ of 2nd line (plus) support ideally from an MSP / IT services background, or another area of business IT Support.
- Logic problem solving and analytical skills
- Windows Server 2008/12/16
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- VMWare (ideally with VMWare certification)
- Storage Arrays (SAN) technology
- Microsoft 365 & Azure
- SharePoint & Dynamics 365
- Firewall technologies (WatchGuard, Cisco, CheckPoint)
- Experience of using PSA systems such as AutoTask or ConnectWise
- Product Development knowledge/experience
- Experience working in a service delivery environment
- Strong IT product knowledge, including infrastructure and networking technologies
- SQL server administration experience
Skills and Qualifications (Desired):
- Prince 2 Practitioner and/or Degree in Project Management
- Previous project management experience (minimum 3 years)
- IT qualifications including, agile project management and APM Certification are desirable
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Posted 124 days ago