Community Engagement and Young People’s Worker (Part-Time, Contract)
£30531 per annum
Islington, London, EC1
About the Charity
Our client is a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
They seek to empower people and communities to address their issues and challenges through practical, financial and emotional help.
Now, our client is looking for a Community Engagement and Young People’s Worker to join them on a part-time basis for a two year fixed term contract.
- Salary of up to £30,531 pro rata
- Flexible working hours
- Regular supportive and reflective supervision
- The opportunity to get involved with the charity’s initiatives
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata
This is a superb opportunity for a SEND professional with experience of delivering group work and a strong grasp of London’s child protection procedures to take their next step with our leading family-focused charity.
Our client is a forward-thinking, people-focused organisation that operates with mutual respect. They strive for excellence in all they do and support each other to perform to the best of their ability.
If you share these values and want to work as part of a passionate team who are striving to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people, our client would love to hear from you.
As a Community Engagement and Young People’s Worker, you will be supporting families with a child or young person with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
You’ll deliver outreach drop-ins and workshops at educational or community settings to engage with families, including those who do not usually relate to services, and support both family and individual needs.
Additionally, you will:
- Assess family needs
- Provide direct support to young people with SEND
- Take the lead on service user involvement
- Plan and deliver workshops and training
- Help to develop volunteering across the service
- Supervise volunteers
- Provide impartial information, advice and support to young people aged 16-25 with SEND
- Support the development of the service to address unmet needs
To be considered as a Community Engagement and Young People’s Worker, you will need:
- Previous experience of direct one-to-one and/or group work with children and young people with SEND
- A detailed understanding of the current SEND legislative framework, particularly affecting SEND processes, admissions, exclusions and appeals
- Experience of planning and facilitating groups
- Experience and knowledge of service planning and implementation, and the ability to produce high quality monitoring data and reports
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of pan-London Child Protection procedures and Working Together to Safeguard Children, as well as the ability to work in accordance with local and organisational Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and procedures and keep up-to-date as required
Ideal applicants will also possess a degree or relevant professional qualification. Experience of supervising and managing volunteers or staff in the delivery of a service would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Community Engagement Worker, Young Person’s Support Worker, Family Outreach Support Worker, SEND Worker, SEND Support Worker, Social Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, SEND Advisor, Care Worker, or Special Needs & Disability Support Worker.
The closing date for applications is noon on the 21st January 2019. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 30th January 2019.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for the next important step in your career as a Community Engagement and Young People’s Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Posted 117 days ago