Job provided by Appoint Group
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Occupational Health Advisor
Salary up to £38000
We are currently recruiting for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor, with a passion for wellbeing and health promotion activities, to join us in delivering occupational health services to our client in Farnborough. This is a full-time position standalone position working 7.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual with proven experience of building relationships and delivering excellent customer service.
An integral focus for this role will be the effective delivery of wellbeing services as part of the wider OH strategy for this site. The successful individual will have the opportunity to design, deliver and evolve a range of services and education in this area.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified individual to take on a new challenge working in recently refurbished premises and with an exciting Occupational Health programme to deliver.
- To provide appropriate expert, timely effective and practicable advice
- Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH function
- Design and deliver wellbeing and health promotion activities and services
- Assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health whether in person or by written referral
- Assess client's fitness to work for the appropriate job role
- Develop and implement effective communication mechanisms
- Write letters to GP/Specialists
- Respond to client/manager's requests for support/information on the working environment
- Maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
- Provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation
- Provide positive, professional, accountable practice
- Work with the OH manager to review the Nursing skill mix and to develop and support ongoing recruitment
25 days Holiday (pro rata), Health Cash Plan, Perkbox
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- OH qualified
- Previous experience designing and delivering wellbeing strategies
- Case Management experience
- Evidence of an up to date knowledge-base of professional and specialist issues
- Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Have good report writing skills
- Have the ability and confidence to work independently
- Able to demonstrate good IT skills
- Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Understand and support a flexible approach to team working
- Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience of Health screening/surveillance
- Registration with NMC Part 3
If you would like to apply for this position please email your CV to #####@######.### or call ##### ######.