Job provided by FastTrack Management
Share this job on social:
About the job
My client are a national house builder and they are currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who has a house building background.
- Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date, taking full responsibility for the project's cash position.
- Negotiate and place subcontract orders on a competitive tender basis
CVR's and reporting
- You will correctly identify and prepare contractual notices for all events and administer the main contract conditions accordingly
- Calculate the prime costs and compile budgets for developments,
- You will also promote strong teamwork between all disciplines within the business.
- Liaise with site managers and manage day work claims and orders on site
- You will work closely with the project team and commercial manager to achieve or exceed budgeted targets for your project
- Be aware of all codes of practice and building regulations and industry standards
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs
- Must have worked on a new build housing project from inception to completion
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations,
- A relevant degree
- The ideal candidate will have both HND and HNC qualifications
- Experience in managing internal and external clients
- IT literate
- Working closely with the Commercial Manager the successful candidate will assist in the commercial function and reporting for projects within the region including sub-contract procurement, payments, valuations, benchmarking, WIP control and cash flow projection