Job provided by POP SCIENCE
Share this job on social:
About the job
Our client is a pioneering developer of specialist technology solutions for the global pharmaceutical industry.
We are seeking a talented Technical Architect (Full stack office based) to design the architecture for their new range of features and functions. As a technical leader you will work closely with both inhouse and offshore development teams ensuring solutions are secure, scalable, maintainable, and optimized for performance.
The role is hands-on role. As well as designing the system architecture, you will be expected to lead by example, setting technical and coding standards and creating code patterns and reviewing the implementations of other developers to ensure they meet agreed standards.
The role would particularly suit someone with proven experience of successful SaaS application design. They will have a strong hands-on development background and be passionate about technology, keeping up to date with the latest industry best practices
Here's an idea of what you will be doing at the office in New Malden :
- Design the technical architecture of the new features for our new technical platform through clear documented analysis resulting in a clear set of definitions for data structures, classes, APIs, data flows etc.
- Define standards for implementation and ensure these standards can be rigorously upheld by a combination of review and automated control.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions and services in line with the business strategic direction
- Build prototypes where necessary to provide evidence for key architectural decisions
- Championing test driven development strategies to ensure test coverage meets business requirements
- Lead junior team members on technical approach and review code
- Undertake risk assessments and impact of change analysis
- Work to best practices and implement as necessary
You should recognize yourself here:
- Software analysis, design and documentation
- Clear written, verbal and visual communication to ensure your designs are well-understood
- Ability to collaborate with a team to ensure that software is implemented to your defined standards and designs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to overcome technical challenges
- Detailed understanding of object-oriented development.
- In depth knowledge of database technologies; relational (e.g. SQL Server) and document based (e.g. MongoDB, CosmosDB)
- In depth understanding of API based architectures, JSON and XML
- Ability to estimate your time and effort accurately and to report progress and risks to project management
- A software development background showing development skills across the full stack (Microsoft preferable)
- Proven experience in writing detailed technical documentation to a high standard
- Experience with cloud platforms including MS Azure
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Designing integration of systems with 3rd parties APIs
- Test driven development, unit testing
- Understanding of medical records and medical data storage
- Understanding of data regulations around medical research
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
The successful candidate will hold a minimum of 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a computing or mathematical subject. A Masters degree is preferred.
Must have right to work UK, Office based