Share this job on social:
About the job
1st Line Support Engineer
An IT Support company are currently recruiting for a First Line Support Engineer to complement their highly skilled team. The role is primarily an office-based position but may involve some local site visit work.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications, however, will be highly competitive for the position. The company are looking for candidates with 1st line support experience.
Working at RedBrickIT you will be involved in establishing best practices, influencing the direction of the IT and hosted solutions they offer as well as ensuring the efficient and smooth running of both internal and client infrastructure.
- Experience working in an IT helpdesk environment.
- Experience working with MSP & RMM Platforms.
- A good understanding of computer peripherals and hardware to include printers and multi-function devices.
- A good understanding of current Microsoft operating systems and their configuration.
- The desire to learn and progress.
- Able to effectively communicate with team members, customers and managers and promote ideas and innovation.
- Methodical and adaptable approach to problem solving, must show initiative and resourcefulness when presented with unusual conditions.
- Possess a business-like and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to translate reported problems and symptoms and successfully identify and resolve technical issues.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to a fast changing and dynamic work environment.
- Basic server administration to include Active Directory user and groups, Exchange/Office 365, file shares and permissions.
- A basic understanding and awareness off TCP/IP, DNS, routers, firewalls and DHCP.
- Experience with Solarwinds (GFI or HoundDog in previous versions) RMM Platform.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role RedBrickIT would love to hear from you. Please attach your CV to the link provided and they will be in direct contact.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.