Job provided by Hiring People
Share this job on social:
About the job
The Tech and Managed Services team sits within the are part of a leading data technology agency. The group leads the way in customer management (both digital and offline) by helping clients acquire, develop and retain customers through effective customer strategy planning, optimising marketing campaigns and customer insight. Their work is underpinned by high quality consumer and market data and leading technology. The core business activities are detailed below:
- Strategy and consulting
- Marketing systems design, build and integration
- Provision of hosted customer management services
- Analytics and insight
- Consumer data
- Multi-channel campaign execution
The SQL Developer works with the Client Services Team to meet client needs, by developing new and/or enhancing existing client solutions. Utilising business insights, technical and data processing knowledge, they interpret client requirements to design, build, test and deploy end to end client solutions to a high-quality standard, on time and to budget.
- Providing inputs to client solution change and service requests
- Translating client business requirements into solution design
- Providing impact assessment on proposed changes to existing solutions
- Estimating effort and duration to deliver components of the end to end solution in the most cost-effective and standard way
- Designing and documenting solution implementation including all assumptions
- Development and testing of system components
- Performing client solution upgrades
- Solid experience of Enterprise Databases (e.g. Oracle, UBD etc.)
- Solid experience of an ETL tool (e.g. Informatica, DataStage etc.)
- Solid experience of data analysis & design to build efficient high-performance solutions
- Solid experience of UNIX shell scripting
- Some experience of B2C marketing or customer management solutions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision but as part of a team of similarly skilled people
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Strong internal and external communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Initiative and can-do attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Takes accountability and ownership to consistently deliver positive results
- Ability to build strong relationships and partnerships with a broad variety of stakeholders
- Strives for excellence in everything they do
- For problem solving take ownership, work closely with members of your team and other stakeholders, do a full impact assessment of all options including, risks, pros and cons, present all facts and recommendations in a simple format with enough detail so that a decision can be made.
- Continuous learning and continuous improvement
- Mindset to always deliver at the lowest Total Cost of Ownership
We have a range of benefits on offer to support our employees not only through their day to day well-being but also to foster their future career growth.
We have a comprehensive list of schemes ranging from pension plans to health and wellness policies, in addition you can opt into a selection of flexible benefits to meet your personal needs.
Learning and development is a top priority for us, and we have built a wide ranging framework which has an extensive list of soft skills and technical workshops/training internally on offer to meet your growth needs.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.