Senior Occupational Therapist
Dawlish, Devon, England
£30,401 - 37,267 per year + BENEFITS
Salary: £30,401-£37,267 per annum pro rata
Description: This NHS Trust provide mental health and learning disability services, as well as a range of specialist and secure services for the wider South West region and nationally. They are passionate about delivering excellent quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity and compassion. Also Shortlisted for Best Employer by Nursing Times 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity to join their Occupational Therapy team at one of the country's most respected providers of secure mental health services, with an 'outstanding' CQC rating for their 111 acre campus-style site.
We are searching for a qualified and experienced Occupational Therapist to play a key role in the Trusts pilot Community Forensic Service. Working in partnership with a registered mental health nurse and other colleagues you will provide holistic, client-cantered care co-ordination as part of this new project.
The pilot Community Forensic Service aims to facilitate the safe and timely discharge of patients from the secure estate to the community. Taking a true multi-disciplinary approach to care, after discharge you will help to maintain their stability within the community.
Managing a complex and challenging case-load you will have a key role in shaping and developing the pilot project, helping to establish an organisational culture that champions social inclusion, successfully transitioning those who need our services back into the community and social inclusion.
Person Specification: You will be a qualified Occupational Therapist ideally with experience of working in a forensic and/or community setting. Your primary role will be to complete case management, provide specialist interventions and support individuals in their on-going recovery, taking a key role in delivering occupational therapy interventions within the service.
- Commitment to CPD, with wide range of leadership development opportunities
- Up to 41 days of paid leave per year, depending on length of NHS service, includes bank holidays
- Generous NHS pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 14.5% of pensionable pay
- Incremental pay progression
- Sick pay up to a maximum of six months full pay and six months half pay
- Childcare vouchers - annual savings of up to £1,190
- Commitment to flexible working
- Freedom to speak up 'Guardian Service' , enabling you to safely discuss any concerns impacting on patient care
- Exclusive health service discounts for NHS staff
- Stagecoach - bus transport discounts
- Salary sacrifice cycle scheme
Access to free recovery and wellbeing courses
Posted 15 days ago