Senior Controls Engineer
£40000.00 - £50000 per annum + car + bonus + pension
Software Controls Engineer Leicester £40,000 £50,000 + pension + healthcare
Based in Nottingham this successful and widely respected Electrical Control Engineering Company delivers control and automation solutions to major PLCs in the water, food, beverage, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and other industries and has a new opening for an experienced systems engineer. The company is based in Leicester and there will be around 25% of travelling to start with which could vary depending on the projects they are working on. You will join a strong existing team of controls engineers and there is a great deal of opportunity for progression as the company continues to grow.
Based in the Systems Integration Department and reporting to the Project Managers, the role will involve:
- The ability to manage/prioritise activities associated with a project from conceptual design through to commissioning
- Design, software programming, testing, commissioning and documentation to meet the customers requirements and the specific contract specifications
- Programming software using the latest technology and best practice engineering techniques
- Effective communication skills to ensure that teamworking objectives are achieved
- Appreciation of IEC1131 specifications and programming techniques
- Understanding of ISO9001: 2001 TickIT and associated methodologies and procedures.
You will need experience of programming software systems across a wide range of systems including amongst others; Mitsubishi (GX IEC Developer and E designer) Rockwell (FactoryTalk View, RS Logix 5/500/5000) Siemens (S5, S7, WinCC) Industrial networking technologies including Ethernet, Profibus, and DeviceNet.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A minimum of 4 years PLC, HMI & SCADA programming experience
- Minimum of ONC in or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Skills accredited by an approved vendor certification such as for Rockwell, Siemens or Mitsubishi Certified Engineer.
If this sounds like you then please get in touch with Jess on 01785 875 228 or send your CV .
Posted 151 days ago