Job provided by Randstad
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Wouldnt it be refreshing to teach in a school where the children have a genuine passion for learning?
Do you feel like your career is going round in circles with the need to approach it from another angle?
Stop trying to find the circumference and try approaching from another angle, preferably 90 (the rightangle).
A mixed gender public secondary school & sixth form for ages 1118 is seeking a maths teacher with experience of teaching A Level. The school is located just outside of Redhill town centre and is easily accessible by car or public transport with great rail links on the London to Brighton line, Gatwick to Reading line and the Redhill to Tonbridge line. The train and bus stations are exactly 1 mile from the school so are within walking distance.
You will experience a fantastic setting to deliver quality teaching in a school that is exemplary for its behaviour with pupils who are driven to learn in a friendly atmosphere.
In the role you can benefit from:
- A competitive salary
- Inspiring and influencing our next generation
- Great career development opportunities
- Easily accessible (within 1 mile of nearest train station)
- Termtime contract
- Onsite parking
- Access to onsite leisure facilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing lessons in line with the curriculum for maths with clear objectives
- Modules to be taught can include accounting, finance, human resources, marketing and operations research
- Accounting for every childs individual ability and needs
- Setting the children challenging tasks and homework to do with reasonable deadlines
- Marking and providing clear and concise feedback on completed work
- Conforming with the school behaviour policy to deal efficiently with inappropriate behaviour
- Ensuring and assessing the safety and safeguarding of children
- Attending scheduled meetings, school trips and extracurricular clubs
Key requirements for the position include:
- A DBS dated within 1 year which is clear of reprimands which may prohibit work with children
- Relevant qualifications a degree along with relevant teaching qualifications (ie PGCE)
- Satisfactory and sufficient referencing from previous employers
- QTS is desirable NQT applications are warmly welcomed
- Experience of teaching maths is essential
- To reflect the ethos of the school with strong commitment and passion for your subject
If this opportunity to join a great team appeals to you we will look forward to receiving your application. On receipt of your application and CV you will be contacted by one of our dedicated consultants and invited for interview where we will further outline the details of the role and support you with the documentation required to be successful in your application.
If this is not the role for you but you would be interested in something similar then we have many other roles currently available and upcoming so do still get in touch!