Job provided by E3 Recruitment
Share this job on social:
About the job
Position: Mechanical Maintenance
Salary: Circa £38,000 per annum + overtime
Hours of work: 4 on 4 off Nights
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join an expanding maintenance team operating and undertaking planned maintenance and inspections of an inovative manufacturing plant. Offering support to the production and maintenance team and promoting the development and implementation of the factory system.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Operation of production machinery and providing maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical
repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
- Monitor & supply production and engineering support of machine setup & changeovers to ensure that the
product conforms to any quality assurance standards and ensuring changeovers are as efficient as possible.
- Daily liaison with the Shift Production Manager to ensure that all production and maintenance requirements are
undertaken in any allocated work area
- As an engineering member of the Production team promote the development and implementation of the Factory
- Design, fabrication and machining of parts and structures to service the needs of the business.
- As a member of the Production Department applying rigorous application using TPM Tools & Techniques to generate Continuous Improvement throughout all work areas.
- As a member of the Production team applying the 5S principles to deliver worldclass standards of housekeeping.
The Factory is continuously improving and moving forwards and it is essential that the Engineering Operative adapts
to these changes.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Recognized Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification.
- Flexible & selfmotivated working attitude to combine both engineering and operational skills.
- Numerate & literate.
- Team working attitude.
- Pneumatics, hydraulics, bench fitting and welding skills.
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
- Experience of working in a TPM or similar environment.
- Experience of a modern manufacturing environment.
- Ability to fault find, repair and provide solutions to problems.