Job provided by Teacheractive
Share this job on social:
About the job
Are you qualified and competent in British Sign Language? Are you looking for a fulfilling and rewarding career? Are you motivated to make a difference in children's daily life at school?
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please read on as this could be the role for you!
TeacherActive are working with a specialist provision for deaf and hearing impaired children who are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant with BSL training.
A highly successful school for deaf pupils aged between 11 and 18 based in Derby.
The Role will involve:
- Playing a pivotal part in ensuring the students are able to get the most out of their day at school whilst learning to the best of their ability.
- Working with the class as a whole, using BSL throughout the day to teach the students.
- Working with students on a 1:1 basis, supporting with school work.
- Establishing constructive relationships with the children in the provision.
- Supporting the class teacher and other support staff to maintain a positive working environment.
- General TA responsibilities such as assisting the class teacher when needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- British Sign Language certificate, ideally level 2 or above as it is an essential and core part of the job role.
- Hold skills in resilience and empathy to engage with the students, as well as competent BSL skills to support them in class.
- Commitment and passion for working with children.
- Experience working in schools is ideal but not essential.
- Experience working or volunteering with children.
- Flexibility in approach to educating and supporting children.
Does this sound like the job for you? Do you feel like you can make a difference in this fantastic setting?
Please apply today to be considered for this position, by sending across your CV to #####@######.### or call the office on ##### ######and someone from the SEND team will be able to advise you further.
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.