Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Composite Structures Design Engineer
Location: Inverness/ Forres
Travel: Occasional within Europe
Salary: Competitive/ Negotiable Depending on Experience
Start date: ASAP 2019
Our client is a new European space launch company with backing from several of Europe's largest venture capital investors and space agencies.
They are recruiting a forward-thinking, experienced composite structures design engineer for an exciting spaceflight design and development role based in Forres / Inverness in its new Manufacturing and Engineering centre. The systems you will work on will be critical, integral parts of the main structure of a new class of launch vehicle.
You will probably be a highly experienced aerospace/motorsport composites design engineer, working in an environment that rarely gives you a chance to see your work in action. You will be eager for a fast-paced opportunity that offers exceptional freedom and responsibility, as well as the chance to create critical systems for a European space launch vehicle.
Responsibilities of the Composite Structures Design Engineer:
- CFRP structures design and prototyping in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Design of CFRP test articles for cryogenic applications
- Working with partners to move designs from prototype to production maturity using a range of novel production techniques
- Developing and executing a testing and qualification programme
- Support to company systems engineering group on CFRP structures with design/ analysis input.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in aerospace, mechanical or structural engineering
- In-depth understanding of latest CFRP technologies, production methods and materials
- Hands-on experience with CFRP parts development and production.
- Pressure vessel design
- Cryogenic liquids handling and testing experience preferred
- CAD / CFD experience, Solidworks / Ansys.
- Appropriate resin safety / handling certificates
- 4-6 years of composite design experience in aerospace or similar environment
- Fluency in use of CAD system
- A flexible and dedicated mind-set
- Team player
- English language skills
We are looking experienced candidates who can demonstrate they get things done with a pragmatic attitude and reliable results. In this role we expect a lot of practical, hands-on engagement with suppliers and a wide degree of flexibility and responsibility to achieve a specific outcome.
For the right candidate we offer a benefits package that includes the opportunity to earn an equity stake in the company.
You must be a European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention.
You may be required to undergo security screening.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Composite Structures Design Engineer then please apply now!