Job provided by Elysium Healthcare
Share this job on social:
About the job
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the service user is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the service user as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 70 services strategically placed across England and Wales.
Annual salary: £6,052.80 (£9.70 per hour)
Hours per week: 12
At Farmfield Hospital we offer low and medium secure services for male patients who have been detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) and who benefit from extended treatment and rehabilitation. The hospital has 52 beds spread across 5 wards. Treatment is targeted towards safe re-settlement into the community where possible.
Our Hospital Shop Assistant (within the Occupational Therapy Team) role involves:
- Managing and running the Hospital shop
- Working with patients in the shop and supporting them to gain valuable vocational experience as part of their recovery programme
8 hours will need to be on a Wednesday as this is when our hospital shop is open. The remaining 4 hours can be any time during the week (Mon-Fri).
There may also be the opportunity to work outside of the shop role and support the OT department to facilitate therapeutic groups and 1:1 sessions.
To be successful as Hospital Shop Assistant, you'll need
- GCSE / O-Levels (A-C) or a relevant NVQ2
- Previous experience gained within a relevant healthcare environment (desirable)
- Previous experience of working in a shop is not essential as training will be given
About our benefits:
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to a DBS disclosure.