Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Train Operations Trainer
Location : Central Birmingham
Salary : up to £62,400 plus benefits
As part of the wider Abellio Group, West Midlands Trains Ltd, operates as a joint venture - West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway, delivering over 1,300 safe and reliable services per day for more than a 60 million passengers per year.
Since the start of our franchise in 2017 we have been committed to improving our services, investing a whopping £1 billion into the region's network and £18 million in the development of all our workforce.
With all that investment focussing on staff development comes the need to place talented people at the heart of our training centres who can create learning environments which are inspiring and rewarding for all.
If you're a qualified train driver with an appetite for change, looking to move into a training role, and keen to be involved in shaping training for our front-line colleagues then read on!
We are seeking to expand our Academy Centre, looking for a Train Operations Trainer to join our team. Based in Birmingham you'll be responsible for the delivery of core operational training programmes such as Driver Rules and Personal track safety.
Your knowledge as a train driver and of the rail industry will form a key element for the development of these training programmes in line with railway regulations, industry best practice and company standards.
This is an exciting opportunity within West Midlands Trains to maintain your competence as a train driver as well as work closely with the key areas across the business to identify new opportunities for operational training and ensure its delivery is "second to none".
What would we need from you?
- Previous/current operational experience as a qualified Train Driver.
- Excellent knowledge of railway rules and regulations.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive team player with a willingness to embrace new ideas.
What we can offer you!
Competitive salary and a wealth of benefits including:
- Comprehensive training and continuous ongoing support and professional advancement.
- Free travel on West Midlands Trains and other Abellio group trains.
- 75% discount on all other train operating companies over most of the UK rail network.
- Enrolment of our West Midland Railways Pension Scheme and our pension salary sacrifice scheme - Smart Pensions.
- Opportunity to participate in the company's health scheme.
This is a full-time position, but consideration may be given to flexible working arrangements if this flexibility still allows the role to meet our business's needs.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert at any time due to high volumes of applications (please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment).
Applications will be considered from internal colleagues with 6 months experience after completion of their probationary period and a full check of absence and disciplinary records.