Job provided by Randstad
Share this job on social:
About the job
Are you looking for a change?
Is working with children with special needs that change youve been looking for?
Do you have patience and an understanding of working with SEN students?
A lovely school in the Worthing area is looking for an experienced teaching assistant who has resilience and a passion for working with challenging behaviour. Your role will be to support children who have SEMH difficulties and need support and guidance. The school also supports students who are on various levels of the autistic spectrum.
Benefits of working with Randstad:
- 1:1 specialised SEND consultant
- CV and career advice tailored to you
- Salary negotiation on your behalf
- Flexibility of work pattern for other roles
Benefits of working at the school:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career progression
- Onsite parking
- Access to all school facilities
- CPD and inhouse training provided
Your role will require:
- An understanding of each students health plan
- Liaise with teacher to ensure all learners are supported
- Engage with the learners to keep them on task
- Assist during break duty, outings and class activities
- Deliver 1:1 or small group focused lessons when required
The skills required:
- Good Maths and English skills
- Previous experience working with Autistic learners (child or/and adults) is essential
- Patience and flexibility to deal with changes that may present themselves due to the nature of the learners
- Ability to look after childrens physical, social and emotional welfare
If you have the skills for this role please apply ASAP for an end of January start.
For more information about this role contact Sarah Elmasry on #####@######.### for queries about the role or give me a call on ##### ######.
Further more; we have an array of positions in East Sussex, West Sussex and the Brighton and Hove area as well as the Kent and Essex area which may also be of interest to you.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools.
Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.