Job provided by Akton Recruitment
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Environmental Health Officer
Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Environmental Health Officer to join the Environmental team in North West London.
- To take the lead and personal responsibility for effective investigation and resolution of casework across the full range of HS2 Pollution Environmental Health functions.
- Pollution services incorporate noise and statutory nuisances including but not limited to construction/licensed premise/people noise, planning applications and contaminated land.
- Carrying out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Understand complaints, investigate, negotiate and mediate between parties where possible to achieve positive outcome.
- Advise and respond to HS2 related enquiries and attend a range of council partner and resident engagement forums.
- Responsible for developing and delivering special projects, policy, research on areas of expertise and/or functional activity within the service.
- Identify learning from external sources to continuously improve service delivery.
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
To take the lead on and personal responsibility for developing, implementing and enforcing policies in connection with the following pollution environmental health core function(s):
- Determine the most appropriate intervention to be taken to resolve a request for assistance, whether this be informal or initiating legal proceedings involving the preparation and giving evidence in court.
- To keep abreast of all relevant new and draft legislation, advice and other developments relevant to the post.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCED IN THE ABOVE AND CAN HIT THE GROUND RUNNING IN THIS KIND OF ROLE PLEASE FELL FREE TO APPLY OR CALL ##### ###### (ASK FOR JORDAN) TO ENQUIRE IF YOUR SKILL SET MATCHES.