Job provided by Workvine
Share this job on social:
About the job
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient's cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market.
Our recent successes are driving significant growth. As such, we are looking to recruit an experienced scientist to support the development of new technologies for the next generation of gene and cell therapies. The Company has a platform of exclusive and pioneering technologies on which are designed, developed and manufactured unique gene- and cell-based medicines.
A highly motivated individual is sought to work within this team-orientated group. The successful candidates will be involved in developing new technology for gene and cell therapy products.
Key skills and requirements:
- PhD or equivalent in relevant Bioscience (e.g. immunology, molecular and cellular biology) and have several years' post-doctoral experience in academia or industry
- Track record in an area of immunology would be advantageous
- Excellent lab-based skills with particular emphasis on cell biological techniques including cell culture, cell transfection, viral vector production/purification (especially lentiviral vectors), immunofluorescence and multiparameter flow cytometry
- Expertise with primary cell culture or organoids would be an advantage
- Experience of genetic engineering and gene editing e.g CRISPR-Cas9 would be desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Ability to execute projects to aggressive timelines with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Development and improvement of lentiviral vector technologies for gene and cell therapy applications
- Lead/manage research in the group
- Independently manage daily research activities and support junior members of staff
- Keep excellent experimental/data records
- Opportunity for direct line management within the Group.
- Support other members of the team and the wider Research Group as required
- Experience in gene or cell therapies preferable but not essential
- Immunology experience desirable
- A highly motivated, enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Ability to demonstrate (by peer-reviewed publications) the ability to work independently, and with a good understanding of the field they are working within
- Ability to work well in a team setting and when appropriate, ensure others are able to perform the tasks to the benefit of the team objective
No agencies please