Registered Support Service Manager-Flintshire Based
Wales, United Kingdom
£24k - 28k per year
The Role: We are looking for an experienced Registered Manager to manage a Registered Domiciliary Care agency offering a range of support to individuals in their own homes. The service is based in Greenfield Holywell, we primarily provide services to people in their own homes with the core geographical locations of Holywell, Greenfield, Bagillt, Flint, Connah's Quay, and Shotton.
We also have provision and scope for services further afield, with supported living and outreach work in Conwy, Gwynedd and Denbighshire accessing services from the North Wales Regional Partnership Board.
We support Adults with a range of varying needs requiring personal care and who have care needs relating to; Learning disabilities, physical disabilities, sensory loss/ impairment, Dementia mental/ infirmity and mental health needs, providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence. We are looking for a highly skilled and organised individual to join an established team.
Responsibilities of a Registered Manager:
- To be responsible and participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
- To be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reviews of the practices and systems in the home, to ensure that they meet and exceed the requirements of the service.
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with staff, service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To promote positive and personalised outcomes of Service Users
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
- To deliver a high level of quality support to Service Users
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
- To recruit, manage, retain and train staff both individually and as team members
The successful candidate for the role will have:
- Previous experience of working with people who have Learning Disability/Mental Health and/or Physical Disabilities, and at least 3-5 years senior/managerial experience in the sector years in a managerial role
- Relevant professional qualification (QCF Level 5) / Accredited vocational qualification, as required criteria for Social Care Wales Registration.
- Experience of managing budgets and budget control
- An understanding of and commitment to providing Equal Opportunities
- Knowledge and first-hand experience of current Health & social Care legislation, including the Mental Health Act and Social Services and Well Being (Wales) Act 2014.
- Demonstrable evidence of supporting people in a person centred way.
- A high level of literacy, numeracy and administrative skills together with well-developed communication skills both verbal and written as well the ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally.
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of the CIW Compliance standards and the desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all candidates. If you have not heard from us within the next 14 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
Posted 23 days ago