We are looking for a Facilities Manager in Runcorn (North West England) for our Integrated Facilities Management business line.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Facilities Manager to join a global integrated facilities management account within the life sciences sector. Having full responsibility for the Runcorn site on an operational basis, the Facilities Manager will report into the Regional Facilities Lead for Northern Europe and will lead a team and/or vendor group to manage the tactical delivery for the site. The Facilities Manger be the interface with key stakeholders &/or client on-site. The responsibilities will include site budgets, accounting and finance, maintenance and operations, contract services, purchasing of material, equipment & supplies, occupancy services and helpdesk.
- What this job involves
- LeadershipØ Manage and coach teamØ Develop and sustain a high-quality well motivated teamØ Ensure high staff morale, trust and work ethicsØ Build and maintain an environment that supports teamwork, co-operation and performance excellence within teamØ Mentor and enable Training & Development of team members Client/Stakeholder ManagementØ Proactively engage stakeholders to ensure that on site client's expectations are metØ Build and develop effective client / stakeholder relationships across multiple levels of the organisationØ On-site key point of contact for Facilities in the client's premises Procurement & Vendor ManagementØ Ensure vendors are well-managed, delivering services on time and within budgetØ Ensure that vendor procurement processes comply with agreed client procurement guidelines as well as Jones Lang LaSalle best practice Contracts ManagementØ Plan and manage all contracts to ensure that they are professionally delivered at the right costsØ Ensure expiry of contracts are well-monitored and re-procurement is initiated if neededØ Ensure contracts are continually assessed to deliver best value to the client Finance Management / Cost Control / ProfitabilityØ Actively work to ensure that the site's financial operations are meeting or exceeding targets and control requirements including the Jones Lang LaSalle Code of EthicsØ Ensure financial processes are followed at all times Health & Safety ManagementØ Ensure the provision of a safe working environmentØ Ensure compliance with statutory regulations on fire, health and safety standards Site Operations ManagementØ Recommend continuous quality improvement practices and implement Industry Best Practice operationsØ Implement building procedures and performance measures and ensure they are maintained at all timesØ Ensure all Critical Environment (CEM) requirements are metØ Review existing operations regularly to reduce costs and improve operational standardsØ 24/7 emergency call support and site attendance is required Risk ManagementØ Ensure a property risk management program including audits is implemented and maintainedØ Ensure disaster recovering and business continuity plans are implemented and maintainedØ Ensure escalation procedures and incident reporting procedures are implemented and in placeØ Assist in the development of guidelines and strategies to ensure compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle's business conduct Achieve Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreement
- Sound like you? To apply you need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ideal Experience
- Previous experience working in a pharmaceutical, life sciences or manufacturing sector Experience within a highly regulated facilities management environment
- Excellent people skills and ability to interact with a wide range of client staff and demands Knowledge of Occupational Safety requirements Strong PC literacy and proven ability to manage daily activities using various systems Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement initiatives (highly desirable) Knowledge of vendor management for specialized services Knowledge of critical facilities and an understanding of basic technical aspects of property (Computer Room Air-conditioning, Chiller system, Fire Protection system, Mechanical & Electrical system, BMS system) Proven capacity to understand and interpret commercial contracts Budget management and financial analysis skills
- Other Personal Characteristics
- Strong communicator – Good presentation skills and possesses strong verbal & written communication skills also an active listener Passion for quality – has an eye for detail to make sure the best delivery of services Self-motivated; confident & energetic Ability to effectively deal with stressful situations Flexible – able to adapt to rapidly changing situations Strongly goal-oriented – able to focus on meeting all performance targets Is a team player – able to cooperate and work well with others to meet targets Proven ability to initiate and follow through with improvement initiatives Exhibits honesty & trustworthiness Open to new ideas & willing to challenge status quo
What you can expect from us
- You'll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
- Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay.
- Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Posted 23 days ago