Product Line Manager
The Product Line Manager is responsible for the management of the Product Life Cycle for a range of products within the company portfolio.
- Responsible for helping define long-range strategies consistent with business and corporate goals and objectives. These include, but are not limited to market, product and technology.
- To understand, articulate, and capture market trends opportunities and then translate them into requirements for new product development.
- To understand customer business needs, routes to market and how best they can leverage those channels and opportunities.
- To create business plans and documentation to launch plans for future products
- To maximize profitability of products, and be responsible for delivering profitability in line with strategic and operational targets.
- Manage the product life cycle and recommendations for product deletions
- Help to define product pricing strategies, ensuring future costs and pricing meet market and internal margin demands. Responsible for the accuracy/validity of cost models, and sets costs targets of products and projects.
- Look for continuous reductions in product costs taking into account relevant manufacturing and other overhead costs.
- Monitor to ensure all products and projects continue to meet the set objectives, taking correction actions as required.
- Ensure all products comply with relevant standards/legislation in all markets and be aware of changes that may impact the product portfolio.
- Be aware of taxes in all markets be aware of changes in legislation that may impact the product portfolio.
- Work with marketing to develop marketing and communication strategies and documentation including data sheets.
- 15 years min of RF Microwave engineering experience at IMA, MFA or sub-systems.
- Radar system knowledge required to include Mono Pulse and eScan (AESA) and associated applications/platforms.
- Conversant of aperture Vs range and application.
- Strong understanding of band selection for range and application.
- Conversant with eScan (AESA) types of platforms and applications i.e. Multi Function Radar, Tactical Radar used for Tactical Data Links, SAR, ISAR, FCR and so on.
- Missile system knowledge required to include Seeker, Fuze and Data Links.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
- Analyse potential partner and distribution relationships for the product line.
- Contribute to the development of training tools for the Sales Team.
- Work with the wider API team in the development of new products.
- HNC/HND or Degree in Engineering or Electronics
- Experience in product line management
- Experience in all product planning and project management activities including generation planning and pricing analysis.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Product experience with a particular sensitivity to scheduling
- Financial and Commercial awareness with understanding of cost structures and basic knowledge of cost accounting principals
- Good written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage diverse projects with different deadlines and priorities
- Strong intellect and awareness of the business environment
- Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives
- Possess strong analytical and technical skill base
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead and work within cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with and provide insight to management team
- Knowledge of electronics advantageous
Posted 23 days ago