Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
QA Test Manager
Location: Hedge End / Southampton
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Purpose of the QA Test Manager:
Our client is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in developing the software that will support the their service proposition offered to its customers. The type of person we are looking for will have had considerable experience and involvement in building new applications from the ground up based on the businesses specification and requirements.
Responsibilities of the QA Test Manager:
- Responsible for manual front end and back-end software testing.
- Define and run manual and some automated test cases.
- Designing new and improving test strategies.
- Identify new areas of testing to improve quality.
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems during and post development.
- A well-structured and project driven individual that is able to plan and set accurate delivery expectations and is used to providing regular updates to their line manager on their progress.
- Keep abreast of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and would be used within our clients company.
- Participate in daily team meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
Requirements of the QA Test Manager:
- At least 6 years QA and testing experience, 3 years as a test manager/lead.
- Experience defining test strategy and management of entire end-to-end test process.
- Effective team player with ability to build strong working relationships and motivate others.
- Strong and effective communication skills with all stakeholders (including customers, test team, development team, BAs and PMs)
- Strong knowledge of test automation and automated testing tools like Selenium, Codeception or similar.
- Experience of writing automated functional, acceptance and regression test scripts.
- Experience on database and confident use SQL for querying.
- Analytic, problem solving, bug finding and troubleshooting skills necessary.
- Experience in finance industry is desirable but deep understanding business contexts for each project are necessary.
- University graduated preferably in computer related subject.
- ISTQB (or equivalent) certified.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum, JIRA, Zephyr.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Willing to work outside of standard working hours if project time lines require.
- Understanding accessibility testing.
If you feel you meet the above criteria of this QA Test Manager role then please apply now!