£28000 - £30000 per annum
The group structure consists of a wide and diverse collection of companies that serve, focus and operate within many different and exciting industries. A few of which are highlighted for mention below.
The first is one of the largest and most renowned alternative clothing suppliers in the UK today. Complete with 13 high street stores and piercing studios it carries out over 100,000 piercings a year. Another is the exclusive distributor of a fantasy hair colour and cosmetics lifestyle brand, servicing an expansive and deep European distribution network. And another specialises in the supply of optical medical devices, exporting heavily to the USA and Europe through its own fulfilment network.
All of the companies in this group have their own ecommerce retail websites, which they believe makes this role a varied, lively and fulfilling one.
About The Role: They are looking for a Web Developer to join our Development Team in Liskeard (PL14).
The team are in the process of moving away from a spaghetti eCommerce solution and require an experienced PHP web developer to assist with the daily demands of several online retail websites.
Git version control software is used to organise workloads across the entire development team, so an understanding of git and git workflows would also be beneficial.
As mentioned they have several websites to maintain and develop for, so there is a wide variety of work. This work ranges from everything from coding templates, to integrating payment systems to working with Google Analytics.
The IT Department is based in Liskeard (Cornwall), however a large number of their staff live in Plymouth (Devon) and so there is opportunity to carpool from Plymouth to Liskeard daily.
All applicants must have the following required skills:
- demonstrable experience of using PHP in a commercial environment
- HTML 5 and CSS
- SQL (MySQL dialect preferred)
- experience using Git version control software
The following skills, while not essential, will be considered a big plus on your application:
- MVC frameworks: Symfony / Laravel
- Templating Engines: Twig / Smarty
- Bootstrap 3
- CSS 3 features: FlexBox and Grid
- PrestaShop development (1.6+)
- Linux server config/admin
- C / Net / Net Core
- an understanding of OOP design principles
- knowledge of security best practices and defensive coding strategies.
- Experience with Jetbrains products (we use PHPStorm)
- Experience using Atlassian software (BitBucket/JIRA)
- Experience working in a multichannel retail/ecommerce business or industry sector
Person Specification: An ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritise tasks coupled with good communication skills, would also be preferred to assist in the day to day administration of other miscellaneous officebased duties.
Posted 115 days ago