Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Senior Residential Care Worker
Location: Ashford, Kent
Salary: between £23,708 to £26,276 per annum
Hours of Work: 39 hour weekly rota (Required to work out of office hours)
About the Company:
The Caldecott Foundation provides specialist residential care, fostering families and education for disadvantaged, vulnerable and traumatised young people in the UK.
We are recruiting for a Senior Residential Care Worker who is passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children and young people; encouraging life skills and helping the young people to develop their social skills through play and education, whilst having fun.
Senior Residential Care Worker Duties:
- Be responsible for the implementation of Local Authority Child Protection Procedures and Foundation policies on safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- To demonstrate by example good child care practice and a professional care work approach to work with children/young people and families or carers through maintaining professional knowledge and skills.
- To be responsible for ensuring care planning and reviewing of children/young people's cases take place in accordance with Foundation instructions and relevant legislation. This will include writing reports, assessments and completion of records.
- To ensure children/young people receive appropriate assessment periods, according to the home's Statement of Purpose. To ensure children/young people facing particular crises and stresses are offered appropriate additional support.
- To ensure children and young people carry appropriate responsibility for their own lives, keep them informed of their circumstances and rights, involving them in planning their lives, supporting them and helping them towards taking greater control and responsibility.
- To ensure children/young people, parents and carers, where possible, have the opportunity to participate in the regular individual programmes and direct work with children/young people and to ensure continuity of this activity.
- To be responsible for directing staff in regular individual assessment programmes, direct work with children/young children and ensure continuity of this activity.
- To contribute to the multi-disciplinary assessment of children/young people's needs and participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of children/young people's care plans.
This list is not considered to be exhaustive, and you will have to complete other duties when given.
Senior Residential Care Worker Requirements:
- Possession of a full clean driving licence or access to a driver for work purposes
- NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care - children & Young People or the Diploma Level 3 Children / Young people Workforce.
- At least 18 months experience of working with children and young people in a residential setting.
- Minimum of 1-years' experience of staff supervision.
- Experience of leading children's groups.
- Counselling skills.
- Knowledge of child care theory and a willingness to learn assessment procedures.
- An awareness/understanding of children's behaviour as a result of traumatic experiences in their lives such as, abuse rejection, etc. and knowing how to manage this in the home.
Senior Residential Care Worker Benefits:
- 30 days Paid Holidays (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 5% Pension Scheme.
- We provide accredited training including a Diploma.
- We actively encourage career progression to enable staff to reach their full potential.
- We can offer a range of routes to progress your career including management and leadership, social work, education and therapy roles.
- Workshop Programmes provided.
If you meet the Senior Residential Care Worker requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!