Job provided by Adam Butler Consultancy
Share this job on social:
About the job
Head of Risk & Compliance
£50,000 - £70,000 Depending on Experience
Chester (CH5 2LY)
Adam Butler Consultancy are now looking for a Head of Risk and Compliance for a fast growing independent finance company based in the Chester area.
Reporting to the CEO and supporting the Executive team this role is key within the business and you will provide leadership for the Risk and Compliance function in this growing business.
Key skills and experience include:
- Specialised Knowledge - Current and actively maintained knowledge of the regulatory environment. Working knowledge of the FCA handbook. Good knowledge of operations and processes.
- Skills - Microsoft Office package to an intermediate level
- Professional Certification - Compliance or Risk Management Qualification or Chartered Insurer preferred.
- Experience: Extensive experience in a Risk and Compliance field, Experience of managing projects, particularly in the area of Risk & Compliance controls and governance preferred.
- High level of knowledge of working in a regulated environment.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Initiative, proactivity, enquiring approach, resourcefulness.
- Adaptability, ability to embrace and respond positively to change.
- Analytical and investigative skills, logical reasoning and problem solving skills - individually and collaboratively.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to quickly learn and work with new processes and systems.
- Ability to train others on systems and processes.
- Integrity and assertiveness when dealing with complex / business critical issues.
This role would suit someone who is keen to develop their career in a fast moving and innovative environment, and is currently, or has recently, been working in a senior role within a financial services (lending) compliance and risk team either as a department lead or in a senior support role.
The role is office based and commutable from Chester, North Wales, Merseyside or Manchester.
If you would like to find out more please submit your CV along with any supporting documents or cover letter and one of our retained consultants will be in touch soon for an initial confidential discussion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to ######.### for further consideration.