Share this job on social:
About the job
Technical Program Manager Sports Betting, Central London, £7075K + bens. You must have a background as a Technical Program Manager or Senior Technical Project Manager with experience of the sports betting / online gaming sector. You will need to have a strong background in managing large scale technical programs in an open source software environment, managing software development teams (local and remote) including third party vendors.
As a member of the team, you will draw upon exemplary program management, critical thinking, and problemsolving skills, with a passion for creating reliable and maintainable solutions. You are open to new challenges, strong at multitasking, innovative, creative, selfdirected, and a great teammate. The successful candidate should drive continuous process improvement and collaborate effectively with crossfunctional business and software development teams to solve problems and deliver
Key Responsibilities and expectations
- Breakdown programs into manageable work streams that will be considered as subproject
- Identify resources type and quantity required to achieve each subproject
- Propose/optimize program timeline and resource allocation for each subproject
- Coordinate activities between crossfunctional teams in different locations including external partners
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program progress and identify risks early
- Manage overall program budget to ensure the goals are achieved on time and within the allocated budget
- Provide status updates regularly and in a variety of formats to ensure that partners and senior management are aware of progress and roadblockers
- Define a set of metrics that will help determine result quality and alignment with expectations
- Gain consensus on technical decisions following architecture guidelines and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results
- Always be looking for opportunities to improve process, in order to increase team output and team well being
- Ensure corporate guidelines are applied to the program and subproject
- Ensure appropriate regulation is followed while delivering the program
- Proven experience in a Technical management role. (ex: managing technical teams in software development)
- Experience in managing local and remote team including third party vendors
- Proven experience in delivering large scale technical programs preferably in an open source software environment including scoping, timeline creation, project tracking, risk management, and process improvement.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Proven experience in delivering project under following a specific regulation (ex: ISO 27001)
- Demonstrated experience in using Agile methodologies to conduct projects
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially high ability to communicate effectively across cross functional teams
- Knowledge in using one of the standard project management methodology (ex: Prince 2)
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Able to dive into system design/architecture and contribute solutions and alternatives * Prior development experience and/or computer science related degree, preferred.
- Very good understanding of current open source software best practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (MS Project, SmartSheep etc.)
- Outstanding leadership, organizational and communication skills
This Technical Program Manager Sports Betting position is based in Central London and is paying £7075K + Bens.