Regional Design Manager (M&E, Building Services).
ROLE: Regional Design Manager (M&E, Building Services).
OVERVIEW: An Elite Building Services Contractor for the construction industry our client as a reputation and an award winning profession business leading the industry from the front. Due to an internal promotion a unique opportunity has arisen to head up the design department and all 24 members within it.
As the Regional Design Manager your duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Manage the team of 24 of mechanical, electrical and CAD designers.
- Have accountability for ensuring new Mechanical and Electrical building services designs function correctly.
- Excellent working knowledge of BIM.
- Excellent Commercial acumen.
- Review specifications of all tenders and estimation orders received into the business.
- Assign CAD design resources and ensure work is completed on time with all requirements met.
- Liaise closely with the Pre-Construction and Project Management teams during tender and specification stages.
- Be customer facing when necessary.
- Review customer specification documents and identify deviations in specification.
- Work closely with all departments through the design and manufacture stages (Commercial, Production, Purchasing, Quality, etc).
- Provide technical assistance when necessary.
- Have thorough understanding of Building Services and Mechanical and Electrical Engineering related compliance standards.
- Identify and document customer requirements, carrying out site surveys as necessary.
- Identify additional documentation required (user manual, technical documentation) for new designs.
- Qualified to HND or degree level in Building Services.
- Chartered or working towards and an associate of CIBSE.
Posted 18 days ago