Job provided by Web Recruit
Share this job on social:
About the job
Apprentice Technical Engineer (2 Year Apprenticeship)
Bracknell, Berkshire (with some travel to client sites)
Are you a focused individual looking to embark on an exciting career in IT? Want to gain valuable technical skills and increase your industry experience with a leading business? If so, this Technical Engineering Apprenticeship may be for you.
Who will I be working for?
Our client is recruiting on behalf of a multi award-winning technology distributor with an international presence.
They are currently looking for an Apprentice Technical Engineer to join them on a two year apprenticeship, starting on the 1st July 2019.
What are the benefits?
- Salary of £13,000 per annum
- Gain valuable industry qualifications, including a Vendor qualification in networking and security
- Complete your Network Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to learn multiple transferable business skills, as well as learning how to plan, install, configure and manage a range of leading tech products.
Within an engaging and stimulating environment, you’ll gain experience dealing with clients, adapting to changing requirements and responding to urgent technical issues.
What’s more, once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you’ll have the chance to become a fully-fledged engineer, making this the ideal first step in building a career to be proud of.
What will I be doing?
As an Apprentice Technical Engineer, you will learn how to respond to and resolve clients’ technical IT issues.
Technical Engineers work with customers on a daily basis, sometimes remotely and occasionally on-site. They’re required to project a professional image, show enthusiasm and respond positively when facing new challenges and meeting people.
During your apprenticeship, your training will cover the following:
- Analysis: analyse system problems by selecting the appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance
- Rectification: select the most appropriate solution to the fault, using the relevant logistical support where appropriate, or escalate to a higher-level where necessary.
- Installing and configuring: install and configure appropriate component and or systems appropriate to the organisation
- Diagnostic tools: select the appropriate diagnostic tools to monitor, test and react to network performance
- Hardware and software: undertake hardware or software upgrades appropriate to the organisation
- Interpreting specifications: interpret technical specifications for activities and maintain accurate records
- Providing technical support: respond effectively with customers and provide technical support to them in line with the organisation’s process
- Documenting completed tasks: document completed tasks in accordance with agreed organisational procedures
- Cabling: competently cable or connect equipment in line with technical requirements
- Installing: install and work with a variety of digital communications mediums as appropriate to the organisation
What do I need?
- At least five GCSEs at grades A* - C (4 - 9 new system) including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- At a minimum, two A Level qualifications at grades A* - C (or equivalent)
- The ability to communicate in a professional and friendly manner
- Great problem-solving skills
- A strong customer focus
Other companies may call this role Apprentice IT Engineer, Apprentice Technical Support Engineer, Trainee IT Support Engineer, Trainee IT Engineer, Junior Technical Engineer or Technical Engineer Apprentice.
Please note, the recruitment process will involve completing online testing, telephone interviews and an assessment day.
Webrecruit, our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to take on an engaging apprenticeship as an Apprentice Technical Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.