Job provided by City and County Healthcare Group
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Apprenticeship and Qualifications Manager
Location: Stoke - On - Trent. Required to be onsite 2 days a week with average travel 2-3 times a month, UK wide (One overnight stay max per trip)
Established in 2009, City and County Healthcare are the UK's largest provider of domiciliary care. The City and County Healthcare Group has an extensive network of local branches across the UK and due to Maternity Leave, we are looking for a talented Apprenticeship Manager to continue to lead our programme in 2019.
We are a national company, and your office base can be flexible, but you MUST be willing to travel throughout the UK and Northern Ireland and be flexible to work with the HR Leadership Team, which is based at our central training office in Stoke - On - Trent.
You will lead the delivery of City and County Healthcare's apprenticeship programme, meeting the learning, development and financial objectives for the programme. Our vision is that this role will develop as we build the Apprenticeship Programme as a key element of our Learning strategy. You will also act as interface between City and County Healthcare and its Apprenticeship suppliers.
Drive the implementation of the Apprenticeship programme, alongside our main providers, leading to a programme that will have over 900 colleagues enrolled, covering Health and Social Care Apprenticeships at L2, L3 and L5.
Coordinate the nomination and approval process to ensure the quality and commitment of learners
Lead CCH's activity in order to meet the subcontractor arrangements with our Training Provider, specifically ensuring all training sessions are completed correctly and the learners are prepared for the final assessment (EPA).
Work with the national trainers to ensure that they have the skills and competence, to conduct the training sessions.
- Work with trainers to continue to review and build the content of the curriculum.
- Ensure that CCH identifies and signs up sufficient learners each month to enable the business to fully invest the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Co-ordinate documentation with the Training Provider to ensure that CCH receives prompt payment for the sub-contracted services provided.
- Produce regular reports for the SLT on the performance of the programme against set measures, quickly highlighting issues and suggesting solutions where possible.
- Manage the digital apprentice service (DAS) activities.
- Ensure CCH continue to meet all ESFA and Ofsted requirements and remain on RoAtp.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of delivering Apprentice programmes in some capacity is essential. Preferably you will have managed a team or programme within an Apprenticeship setting.
- Detailed knowledge of ESFA funding and Ofsted regulations is essential.
- Excellent administrative skills are required, in particular time management, organisational and planning skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of managing contract suppliers and third parties is essential.
- Experience in working remotely with colleagues, suppliers and customers is required.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
- No experience of the health care sector is required; experience needed only within Apprenticeship management.
- Competent with MS Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Positive and self-motivated with bags of energy and enthusiasm, you will be resilient and persistent to overcome obstacles without becoming disheartened.
- Comfortable working with complexity and ambiguity, you will be agile and flexible, particularly at first as we establish this new programme.
- Commercially aware and numerate to ensure that the levy is invested effectively to support our people strategy.
- Enjoy working in a challenging and fast-paced environment with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Concern for quality and high level of attention to detail.
- Effective, friendly, positive and professional communication style, you will build relationships such that people will want to help you.
- Must be willing to travel regularly within UK (UK driving license and car required).
This is a full time, fixed term position to cover Maternity Leave, with a fantastic company who promote within and encourage their staff to reach their full potential.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual to mould and build a programme over the next 12 months, which could to lead to further opportunities within the group, as we continue to grow and expand.
City and County Healthcare Group are a committed and dedicated equal opportunities employer.