Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Job Type: Full-time
Due to major site investment Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join the Engineering team based in Chirk, North Wales. This is a full time, permanent position offering a very competitive salary.
At Kronospan we pride ourselves on delivering "Wood Perfected" and have invested in innovation since 1897 and no more so than now. As a result we are seeking an additional Automation Engineer who can add real value to the Engineering team.
Responsibilities of the Automation Engineer:
- Act as the Company's "Expert" for Automation Software Programming of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), principally for the main press lines manufacturing wood panel products.
- Developing and maintaining manufacturing software systems, ensuring integrity of the overall system.
- Development of solutions to optimise production and identify improvement opportunities that can be applied across Kronospan and realise them using DCS / automation and other control systems.
- Protect self, others & Company assets by adopting high standards of electrical safety (IEC Standard).
- Ensuring risk assessment tools and methodology are incorporated into day-to-day tasks.
- Adhere and promote compliance with company Environment, Health & Safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment.
- Provide creative software solutions to the specific needs of the manufacturing organisation.
- Identifying areas where DCS / automation and control developments could produce cost effective solutions to business problems, developing software to suit, trialling and implementing.
- Tailoring software, implementing and commissioning of new proprietary software systems in accordance with regulatory, company and technical requirements.
- Participate in the planned maintenance and review of software systems
- Fault finding and correcting errors during maintenance of software systems.
- Uses highly developed diagnostic and logical fault-finding techniques/skills.
- Liaise with internal and external (DCS / automation and control industry) experts and users so as to identify Kronospan improvements and developments
- Provide training to other qualified personnel in DCS / automation and control
- Provide dedicated project support in the implementation of improved Control and Automation systems on new projects & plant upgrades.
Requirements of becoming the Automation Engineer:
- High level HMI / SCADA / DCS programming knowledge & skills.
- Expert knowledge in at least 3 of the following packages: SIMATIC WinCC, Wonderware InTouch, Rockwell FactoryTalk, Emerson DeltaV, Metso DCS
- Proven experience (5 years+) of developing control systems for automatic machinery in a high volume continuous or semi continuous process operation.
- Sound knowledge and application of IEC standards
- Fault diagnosis skills
Benefits of becoming the Automation Engineer:
- Attractive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
Feel you meet the above criteria of this Automation Engineer role? Apply now!