Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Field Sales Engineer - Industrial Controls & Factory Automation Products
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
To continue the growth of their Welwyn Garden City office they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Field Sales Engineer to join their team covering Essex, North M25.
For over 50 years our client has built a reputation as a specialist, technical distributor of industrial control and factory automation products. Their continued success, they are told, comes from their commitment to product support and customer service. They now number over 120 people and from their 13 branch locations throughout the UK provide a local service to their customers.
Responsibilities of the Field Sales Engineer:
As a Field Sales Engineer you will be responsible for achieving sales targets through the development of new and existing business in your sales area. By utilising your excellent interpersonal skills, you will develop long term relationships with your customers ensuring that their requirements and business needs are interpreted and managed effectively. You will liaise with their franchise partners to ensure a continued awareness of new and updated products and will conduct sales calls in a professional manner to sell and support their range of products.
They wish to strengthen their sales team with enthusiastic, likeable people who possess a technical flair and an ability to discuss complicated technologies in an easy way. Product and sales training will be continual with this position, so candidates will need to be adaptable and ready to learn as they progress.
Requirements of the Field Sales Engineer:
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Good day to day planning capabilities will be essential for the candidate to be successful in this position.
- Able to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments.
- To effectively handle the technical requirements of this position, Field Sales Engineers should have a good level of technical understanding, ideally qualified to ONC level in electrical engineering.
- The position would suit engineers wishing to break into sales, experienced sales people seeking a more technical role, or graduates from a technical discipline.
- The successful candidate will have a passion for sales combined with an eye for engineering solutions.
Benefits of becoming the Field Sales Engineer:
Our client remains a financially secure, family-run business offering the chance to work within a happy, friendly company with some wonderful and talented people.
- Basic salary DOE & OTE
- Company car
- Company pension
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Minimum of 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Field Sales Engineer - Industrial Controls & Factory Automation Products, then please apply now!