Job provided by Zoek
Share this job on social:
About the job
Import Export Team Leader Freight Forwarder
Supervision and guidance to our growing shipping team specialising in African and Middle East markets primarily (Import & Export). This is inclusive but not limited to documentation, customs entries, releases & deliveries and invoicing.
Interaction with customers, team members and all internal departments including Sales, Transport & Accounts.
- Liaise with customers and other departments during the booking process ensuring all bookings are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and payment terms.
- Assist with placing of bookings with respective shipping line / carrier / agent.
- Liaise with customers to ensure correct documentation is received for shipment and forwarded to the shipping lines as necessary.
- Ensure shipping lines have instruction for bills of lading and UCR references in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer has received copy of draft bill of lading for approval and send approval to shipping line.
- Allocation of incoming payments.
- Ensure the booking has been invoiced correctly by shipping line as per contract rates or other spot rates as appropriate.
- Work closely with our clients departments such as Traffic and Accounts to ensure that invoices have been paid before bills of lading are dispatched.
- Experience gained with a Freight forwarding / Logistics organisation dealing with multimodal Export / Import shipments.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Customs compliance and clearance matters.
- Professional & friendly manner with customers and other staff members.
- Competent with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Well organised and able to manage own workload whilst supervising and assisting other team members.