Job provided by Web Recruit
Share this job on social:
About the job
Communications, Best Practice & Sustainability Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Home & Field Based (with extensive travel, occasional overnight stays and regular meetings in London)
Are you a project management professional with a solid grounding in marketing, communications or journalism? Want to develop your career with a fresh-thinking charity as a Communications, Best Practice & Sustainability Manager? If so, read on.
About Our Client
Our client is a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
They seek to empower people and communities to address their issues and challenges through practical, financial and emotional help.
Currently our client is working in partnership with Magic Breakfast and have launched the National School Breakfast Programme, funded by the Department for Education. This programme will work with schools across the country to develop healthy breakfasts, so no child starts the school day too hungry to learn.
They are now looking for a Communications, Best Practice & Sustainability Manager to facilitate the success of this programme for a fixed term contract until the end of the March 2020.
- Salary of £29,848 - £33,070 per annum (plus home working allowance)
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare vouchers
- The opportunity to help make a positive difference to children and young people
- Full induction and ongoing training
- Managed workloads with regular supportive and reflective supervision
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
This is a brilliant opportunity to put your creativity to the test and increase awareness of a programme that is ensuring thousands of hungry schoolchildren have access to a healthy and nutritious breakfast.
Our client is a forward-thinking, people-focused organisation that operates with mutual respect. They strive for excellence in all they do and support one another to perform to the best of their ability. If you think you’d succeed in this open environment, this is the role for you.
As the Communications, Best Practice and Sustainability Manager, you will lead all marketing and communications activity for the National School Breakfast Programme.
The other key aspect of your role will involve developing a legacy of best practice for the programme through case studies, events, data analysis and practice sharing.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Communications to create an integrated communications plan
- Develop materials for the programme, including surveys, templates, posters and guides
- Lead on the planning and delivery of regional best practice events in partnership with the Schools Delivery Team
- Regularly update the website
- Write press releases and articles
To join our client as a Communications, Best Practice & Sustainability Manager, you’ll need:
- Experience of developing materials, including writing, editing, proofreading and/or designing content
- Previous experience of using a database to analyse and manipulate data to report impact
- A track record of working remotely across a wide geographical area with a range of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- A degree level qualification in marketing, communications or journalism (or equivalent experience)
Ideally, you’ll have experience of contributing to, and leading, the development of a range of short films, but this isn’t essential.
Other organisations may call this role Project Manager, Project Delivery Manager, Programme Manager, Communications & Best Practice Manager or Senior Programme Co-ordinator.
You may have previously worked as a Marketing Executive, Marketing Communications Executive, Journalist, Communications Officer, Marketing Officer or Campaign Executive.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Communications, Best Practice & Sustainability Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.