Job provided by Elysium Healthcare
Share this job on social:
About the job
Stanley House offers a multi-disciplinary approach to its long term care provision and provides the specialised care and expert therapeutic interventions required for people affected by the majority of known neurological conditions who require a home from home setting.
About The Site
Address: Bosbury, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR8 1HB
Services: Neurological Complex Care
Patients: Males and Female/Adults 18+
Hourly Pay Rate: £15.91 - £17.83*
Our Bank Staff Nurse role involves:
- Communicating effectively with residents, multi-disciplinary team, relatives and Stanley House Care.
- Understanding the conditions and physical, emotional and psychiatric needs of the residents and preparing, implementing and reviewing care plans as per the nursing process.
- Keeping accurate factual written accounts of care provided.
- Evaluating care and elevating concerns or changes in condition to the correct MDT member.
- Following the Stanley House Care medication policy.
- Observing and following all policies relating to the Stanley House Care Health and Safety policy statement.
- Overseeing shift allocation and ensuring the home is appropriately staffed.
- Supervision of Care Assistants, ancillary and support workers.
As part of your role you would be expected to:
- Administer medicines, injections, enemas and suppositories
- Administer medications and Feeds via a PEG tube.
- Manage PEG tubes and routine care of gastrostomy tubes including insertion.
- Use a syringe driver
- Suction and Oxygen therapy
- Continence management and catheterisation
- De-escalation of behaviour
- Care of patients detained under the Mental capacity act - specifically Section 17 and DOL's
- First aid and routine observations.
You may be required to perform tasks that would not normally be required within a nursing environment, for example:
- Meal preparation
- Light household duties
- Care of pets
- Escorting clients to appointments
- Making transport arrangements
- Any other duties which may be part of a specific assignment
To be successful as a Bank Staff Nurse , you'll need:
- NMC Registration
- General Nursing Experience
- Evidence of up to date training
- Computer literacy
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 50 services strategically placed across England and Wales.