Job provided by Elysium Healthcare
Share this job on social:
About the job
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the service user is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the service user as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 70 services strategically placed across England and Wales.
Annual salary: £23,000
Hours per week: 37.5
Springwood Lodge rehabilitation for women with complex mental health needs and personality disorders. Over the coming months we will be opening an additional ward which will further expand our female care pathway.
Due to this development an exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Occupational Therapist to support the expansion of the service. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the unique perspective the profession brings to service user care, is proactive and able to think creatively about how service user aspirations can support their recovery, is able to network and consult effectively with service users, members of the MDT and external agencies to source and deliver meaningful occupations that are bespoke to individual needs and ensure the service continues to facilitate high quality, evidenced based treatment and demonstrable outcomes.
In return the successful candidate will have opportunity to enhance their skills in female care pathways, including working with individuals who have complex mental health needs and personality disorders. The post holder will have access to a range of high quality training and development as well as a positive experience of MDT collaborative practice, peer supervision and 1:1 support.
Our Occupational Therapist role involves:
- Providing a high quality, comprehensive occupational therapy service to an identified caseload, including assessments and intervention programmes, in line with the agreed model of practice
- Participating in the development of the Occupational Therapy timetable and individual therapy programmes
- Undertaking a key role in motivating and engaging individuals
- Maintaining and developing personal clinical skills being aware of developments within the profession and to participate in relevant research and development activity
- Ensuring that local policies, procedures and protocols are adhered to at all times
- Ensuring that professional standards and COT Code of Conduct guidelines are adhered to at all times
- Promoting the role of Occupational Therapist as a specific treatment intervention within this specialist field
To be successful as an Occupational Therapist, you'll need:
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- State Registration (HPC)
- Knowledge and application of the principled of clinical governance
- In-depth understanding of patients' needs at the hospital
- Understanding of issues relating to secure settings and risk management
- Understanding of the CPA process
- Evidence of regular CPD activity
- Evidence of ability to research, plan, implement and evaluate specific interventions
- Knowledge of current legislation including Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007) and legislation specific to this clinical environment
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
- Evidence of delivering presentations and training to others
- Evidence of coping strategies to deal with confrontation, challenging behaviour and personal stress
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary service
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.